SEA FREIGHT TO SAMOA
“SEA FREIGHT FROM AUSTRALIA TO APIA”
“Guaranteed Australia’s best sea freight rates to Apia”
“Shipping containers to Samoa, with security ,integrity and professionalism”
CALL CARGOMASTER: 1300 767 136 AUSTRALIA-WIDE
“Over 20 years experience shipping to Samoa”
“Moving to Samoa, ask about Self-Pack your own shipping containers to Apia“
Welcome to CargoMaster, are you thinking of Shipping to Samoa. Our high performance team of Samoa sea freight service specialists offer many years’ experience shipping containers to Samoa and surrounding islands. CargoMaster is one of Australia’s most trusted shipping companies from Australia to Samoa.
Samoa, officially known as the Independent State Of Samoa (FROM 1979, prior to 1979 known as Western Samoa).Samoa is a Polynesian Island nation, made up of two main islands and several smaller uninhabited islands. Samoa is a member of the Commonwealth Of Nations and was administered by British and New Zealand administrators up until 1962. Samoa became independent after 1962.
Samoa has a population of approx. 200,000 people as at 2021.
The largest city and capital of Samoa is Apia, the city itself has a population of approx. 40,000 people. Apia is Samoa’s only city, it is situated on the island of Upolu. The Port of Apia is also located on the island of Upolu. The port of Apia is a Deepwater port which means it can berth large commercial container vessels. Shipping from Australia to Apia is available every 10 days approx. from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Townsville and Darwin. Apia’s new industrialized region is known as “Vaitele”.
SHIPPING TO APIA
CALL CARGOMASTER 1300 767 136
SHIPPING TIMES FROM AUSTRALIA TO SAMOA
- Sydney to Apia: 27 Days
- Melbourne to Apia: 29 Days
- Brisbane to Apia: 26 Days
- Fremantle (Perth) to Apia: 38 Days
- Adelaide to Apia: 33 Days
- Hobart/Launceston to Apia: 33 Days
- Townsville to Apia: 22 Days
- Darwin to Apia: 32 Days
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SHIPPING TO SAMOA
Prohibited And Restricted Items:
Remember, you are moving to one of the cleanest, greenest, Island Countries in the world, Samoa’s people are very much InTouch with the environment and protecting their country from unwanted pests and diseases. Border control is very strict and heavy fines (even imprisonment penalties) apply for non compliance, your goods could even be sent back to the origin port .Certain items are restricted or prohibited and cannot be imported into SAMOA
Please be aware the below items are NOT PERMITTED into SAMOA:
- objectionable material contained on items like videotapes, films, records, CD-ROMs and in publications
- weapons like flick knives, butterfly knives, swordsticks, knuckle-dusters
- any weapon which is disguised as something else
- equipment for using cannabis or methamphetamine
- anything which you’re planning to use in a crime.
For the commodities below you should check to see if you will NEED A PERMIT:
- ivory in any form, including jewelry, and carvings
- tortoise or sea turtle shell jewelry, and ornaments
- meat or food derived from whales, dolphins, rare crane, and pheasants, or sea turtles
- medicines containing musk, or rhinoceros or tiger derivatives such as ground horn or bone
- carvings or other things made from whalebone or bone from other marine mammals
- cat skins
- trophies of sea turtles, all big cats, rare reptiles, cranes, pheasants, bears, antelope, and deer
- live species, including pet eagles, hawks, owls and parrots, many cacti, orchids, cycads, and cyclamens
- carnivorous plants.
You may not be able to bring some medicines into Samoa, especially controlled drugs. This includes medicines containing pseudoephedrine. Remember heavy fines and possibility of imprisonment for non compliance
Prescription medication in most cases is acceptable, if you can present a valid doctors prescription .
If you’re returning to Samoa or are immigrant after 21 months or more overseas, you may be entitled to concessions on vehicles and boats, motor cycles that either accompany you or are transported separately.
Bringing Motor Vehicles And Boats Into Samoa:
You may be able to claim “household items” concession if:
- you’re relocating , or moving back to the motherland after 21 months or more away, and
- you have been using the items for their intended purpose.
You can also claim concessions on:
- private vehicles, including:
- camper vans
- boats and
You can import no more than one vehicle, boat duty-free, if you meet the Concessionary Requirements.
As a condition of the concession you will be required to sign an Undertaking that you will not sell or dispose of the vehicle, boat or plane within two years.
If you sell your vehicle, boat or plane within two years of bringing it into duty-free, you must pay Customs duty on a pro rata basis.
You will need to qualify for a concession, which means you will need to meet the requirement to have “personally owned” the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to your departure from Australia u will have to meet a requirement to have personally owned and used the vehicle, boat or plane for at least 1 year before your departure , or surrendering the vehicle for shipping.
The phrase personally owned means includes vehicles and boats leased by the importer, and vehicles, boats purchased under a hire purchase contract or agreement, provided that in both instances the terms of the lease or the hire purchase agreement/ contract have been meet with in full by the importer prior to their importation.
Vehicles, boats owned and registered by a company cannot be entered under the concession as the requirement to have personally owned the vehicle, boat or plane cannot be met, as a company is a separate entity.
Documentation will be evidence will need to be produced to support your claim of meeting this requirement. These documents may include:
- receipts showing purchase and delivery dates
- registration and insurance papers
- evidence when the vehicle, boat or plane was surrendered for shipping .
“What if I don’t qualify for concessions”
You will have to pay Duty.
MORE ABOUT CONCESSIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!
TEL: 1300 767 136
“SAVE MORE, SAVE TIME” with CargoMasters’ international self- pack shipping consolidation services to and from Samoa!
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!
CALL 1300 767 136