SEA FREIGHT TO VANUATU
“SEA FREIGHT FROM AUSTRALIA TO THE VANUATU”
“Guaranteed Australia’s best sea freight rates to Port Vila and Santo”
“Shipping containers to Vanuatu with security ,integrity and professionalism”
CALL CARGOMASTER: 1300 767 136 AUSTRALIA-WIDE
“Over 20 years experience shipping to Vanuatu”
“Relocating to Vanuatu, ask about Pack your own shipping containers to Port Vila“
Welcome to CargoMaster, are you thinking of Shipping to Port Vila. Our high performance team of Vanuatu sea freight service specialists offer many years’ experience shipping containers to Vanuatu and surrounding islands. CargoMaster is one of Australia’s most trusted shipping companies from Australia to Vanuatu.
Vanuatu or as it is known officially “The Republic Of Vanuatu” is an island nation situated in the South Pacific Ocean. Vanuatu is approx. 2000 kilometres east of Australia and 500 kilometres north east of New Caledonia. Vanuatu consists of a chain of 13 major and many smaller islands, extending approx. 900 kilometres north to south. The Island nation is positioned right on the Pacific Ring Of Fire, where two tectonic plates meet, meaning Vanuatu is exposed to a lot of earthquakes.
Vanuatu has a stable population of about 300,00 people. The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila, which is also Vanuatu’s main port. Port Vila has a population of approx. 50,000 people and is located on Efate island. Espiritu Santo (commonly known as Santo) is Vanuatu’s largest island , Luganville is the largest township on Santo island
Vanuatu consists of several large islands and shipping is a critical element of cargo services to and from Vanuatu.
Vanuatu imports mainly from South Korea and Australia. The value of imported cargo to Vanuatu exceeds 300 million per year.
There are two major ports in Vanuatu, Port Vila which handles approx. 40% of Vanuatu’s exports and The Port of Santo located at Luganville on Espiritu Santo. Both Ports are Deepwater ports so they can handle large container vessels.
The original inhabitants of Vanuatu were the Melanesian people. Europeans first arrived in Vanuatu around 1600, they made camp on Vanuatu’s largest island Espiritu Santo
France and the United Kingdom claimed parts of Vanuatu, in 1906 it was agreed that the Islands would be jointly managed. In the 1970’s Vanuatu declared its independence and the Republic Of Vanuatu was established around 1980.
Vanuatu is a member of the Commonwealth Of Nations and a Pacific Islands Forum participant.
SHIPPING TO PORT VILA
CALL CARGOMASTER 1300 767 136
SHIPPING TIMES FROM AUSTRALIA TO PORT VILA AND SANTO
- Sydney to Port Vila: 16 Days
- Sydney to Santo: 29 Days
- Melbourne to Port Vila: 18 Days
- Melbourne to Santo: 32 Days
- Brisbane to Port Vila: 13 Days
- Brisbane to Santo: 27 Days
- Fremantle (Perth) to Port Vila: 38 Days
- Perth (Fremantle) to Santo: 40 Days
- Adelaide to Port Vila: 36 Days
- Adelaide to Santo: 38 Days
- Hobart/Launceston to Port Vila: 22 Days
- Hobart/Launceston to Santo: 36 Days
- Townsville to Port Vila: 18 Days
- Townsville to Santo: 26 Days
- Darwin to Port Vila: 34 Days
- Darwin to Santo: 48 Days
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SHIPPING TO VANUATU
Prohibited And Restricted Items:
Remember, you are moving to one of the cleanest, greenest, Island Countries in the world, the Cook Islands people are very much InTouch with the environment and protecting their country from unwanted pests and diseases. Border control is very strict and heavy fines (even imprisonment penalties) apply for non compliance, your goods could even be sent back to the origin port .Certain items are restricted or prohibited and cannot be imported into VANUATU
Please be aware the below items are NOT PERMITTED into VANUATU:
- objectionable material contained on items like videotapes, films, records, CD-ROMs and in publications
- weapons like flick knives, butterfly knives, swordsticks, knuckle-dusters
- any weapon which is disguised as something else
- equipment for using cannabis or methamphetamine
- anything which you’re planning to use in a crime.
For the commodities below you should check to see if you will NEED A PERMIT:
- ivory in any form, including jewelry, and carvings
- tortoise or sea turtle shell jewelry, and ornaments
- meat or food derived from whales, dolphins, rare crane, and pheasants, or sea turtles
- medicines containing musk, or rhinoceros or tiger derivatives such as ground horn or bone
- carvings or other things made from whalebone or bone from other marine mammals
- cat skins
- trophies of sea turtles, all big cats, rare reptiles, cranes, pheasants, bears, antelope, and deer
- live species, including pet eagles, hawks, owls and parrots, many cacti, orchids, cycads, and cyclamens
- carnivorous plants.
You may not be able to bring some medicines into VANUATU, especially controlled drugs. This includes medicines containing pseudoephedrine. Remember heavy fines and possibility of imprisonment for non compliance
Prescription medication in most cases is acceptable, if you can present a valid doctors prescription .
If you’re returning to Vanuatu or are immigrant after 21 months or more overseas, you may be entitled to concessions on vehicles and boats, motor cycles that either accompany you or are transported separately.
Bringing Motor Vehicles And Boats Into Vanuatu:
You may be able to claim “household items” concession if:
- you’re relocating , or moving back to the motherland after 21 months or more away, and
- you have been using the items for their intended purpose.
You can also claim concessions on:
- private vehicles, including:
- camper vans
- boats and
You can import no more than one vehicle, boat duty-free, if you meet the Concessionary Requirements.
As a condition of the concession you will be required to sign an Undertaking that you will not sell or dispose of the vehicle, boat or plane within two years.
If you sell your vehicle, boat or plane within two years of bringing it into duty-free, you must pay Customs duty on a pro rata basis.
You will need to qualify for a concession, which means you will need to meet the requirement to have “personally owned” the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to your departure from Australia u will have to meet a requirement to have personally owned and used the vehicle, boat or plane for at least 1 year before your departure , or surrendering the vehicle for shipping.
The phrase personally owned means includes vehicles and boats leased by the importer, and vehicles, boats purchased under a hire purchase contract or agreement, provided that in both instances the terms of the lease or the hire purchase agreement/ contract have been meet with in full by the importer prior to their importation.
Vehicles, boats owned and registered by a company cannot be entered under the concession as the requirement to have personally owned the vehicle, boat or plane cannot be met, as a company is a separate entity.
Documentation will be evidence will need to be produced to support your claim of meeting this requirement. These documents may include:
- receipts showing purchase and delivery dates
- registration and insurance papers
- evidence when the vehicle, boat or plane was surrendered for shipping .
“What if I don’t qualify for concessions”
You will have to pay Duty.
MORE ABOUT CONCESSIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!
TEL: 1300 767 136
“SAVE MORE, SAVE TIME” with CargoMasters’ international self- pack shipping consolidation services to and from Vanuatu!
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!