SEA FREIGHT TO TAURANGA
“SEA FREIGHT FROM AUSTRALIA TO TAURANGA”
“Guaranteed Australia’s best sea freight rates to Tauranga”
“Shipping containers to Tauranga with security ,integrity and professionalism”
CALL CARGOMASTER: 1300 767 136 AUSTRALIA-WIDE
“Over 20 years experience shipping to Tauranga”
“Relocating to NZ, ask about Pack your own shipping containers to Tauranga“
Welcome to CargoMaster, Australia’s renowned sea freight specialists. Our high performance team of sea freight service experts offer many years’ experience shipping containers to Tauranga and surrounding centers. CargoMaster is one of Australia’s most trusted sea freight to Tauranga.
Welcome to CargoMaster, Australia’s renowned sea freight specialists. Our high performance team of sea freight service professionals offer many years’ experience delivering containers to and from Tauranga. Cargomaster delivers self-pack containers all over New Zealand.
Tauranga is located in the Bay of Plenty on the eastern side of the north island and the eastern edge of Tauranga harbour. Tauranga is New Zealand’s fifth largest city, it is also New Zealand’s fastest growing city. Due to its rapid population growth, Tauranga has become New Zealand’s fifth-largest city, overtaking Dunedin and the Napier-Hastings urban areas.
Tauranga has a population of approx. 160,000 people. The area was settled by the Maori people in the late 13th century and was constituted as a city in 1963.
Tauranga is one of New Zealand’s most important centers for commerce, including international trade ,culture and fashion.
The Port of Tauranga is New Zealand’s largest port in terms of export tonnage Tauranga Port is located in Tauranga, New Zealand. It is the largest port in New Zealand in terms of total freight volume and container movements, with container volumes exceeding 950,000 TEUs (Twenty Foot Equivalent Units). The port is operated by Port of Tauranga Ltd (NZX: POT).
The port is located in a natural harbor and is protected by Mount Maunganui and Matakana Island, Tauranga is the only natural harbor between Auckland and Wellington. As of June 2019 the Port of Tauranga employs 229 people.
SHIPPING TRANSIT TIMES FROM AUSTRALIA TO TAURANGA
- Sydney to Tauranga: 4-8 Days
- Melbourne to Tauranga: 5-7 Days
- Brisbane to Tauranga: 6-9 Days
- Fremantle (Perth) to Tauranga: 6-15 Days
- Adelaide to Tauranga: 4-6 Days
- Hobart/Launceston to Tauranga: 8-12 Days
- Townsville to Tauranga: 9-14 Days
- Darwin to Tauranga: 12-18 Days
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SHIPPING TO TAURANGA
Prohibited And Restricted Items:
Remember, you are moving to one of the cleanest, greenest, countries in the world, the NZ people are very much InTouch with the environment and protecting their country from unwanted pests and diseases. NZ border control is very strict and heavy fines (even imprisonment penalties) apply for non compliance, your goods could even be sent back to the origin port .Certain items are restricted or prohibited and cannot be imported into NZ.
Please be aware the below items are NOT PERMITTED into NZ:
- objectionable material contained on items like videotapes, films, records, CD-ROMs and in publications
- weapons like flick knives, butterfly knives, swordsticks, knuckle-dusters
- any weapon which is disguised as something else
- equipment for using cannabis or methamphetamine
- anything which you’re planning to use in a crime.
For the commodities below you should check to see if you will NEED A PERMIT:
- ivory in any form, including jewelry, and carvings
- tortoise or sea turtle shell jewelry, and ornaments
- meat or food derived from whales, dolphins, rare crane, and pheasants, or sea turtles
- medicines containing musk, or rhinoceros or tiger derivatives such as ground horn or bone
- carvings or other things made from whalebone or bone from other marine mammals
- cat skins
- trophies of sea turtles, all big cats, rare reptiles, cranes, pheasants, bears, antelope, and deer
- live species, including pet eagles, hawks, owls and parrots, many cacti, orchids, cycads, and cyclamens
- carnivorous plants.
You may not be able to bring some medicines into NZ, especially controlled drugs. This includes medicines containing pseudoephedrine. Remember heavy fines and possibility of imprisonment for non compliance
Prescription medication in most cases is acceptable, if you can present a valid doctors prescription .
If you’re returning to NZ or are immigrant to New Zealand after 21 months or more overseas, you may be entitled to concessions on vehicles and boats, motor cycles that either accompany you or are transported separately.
Bringing Motor Vehicles And Boats Into Tauranga
You may be able to claim “household items” concession if:
- you’re relocating to NZ, or moving back to the motherland after 21 months or more away, and
- you have been using the items for their intended purpose.
This means you won’t have to pay GST and duties on some items.
You can also claim concessions on:
- private vehicles, including:
- camper vans
- boats and
You can import more than one vehicle, boat duty-free, if you meet the Concessionary Requirements.
As a condition of the concession you will be required to sign an Undertaking that you will not sell or dispose of the vehicle, boat or plane within two years.
If you sell your vehicle, boat or plane within two years of bringing it into NZ duty-free, you must pay Customs duty and GST on a pro rata basis.
You will need to qualify for a concession, which means you will need to meet the requirement to have “personally owned” the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to your departure from Australia to New Zealand u will have to meet a requirement to have personally owned and used the vehicle, boat or plane for at least 1 year before your departure for New Zealand, or surrendering the vehicle for shipping.
The phrase personally owned means includes vehicles and boats leased by the importer, and vehicles, boats purchased under a hire purchase contract or agreement, provided that in both instances the terms of the lease or the hire purchase agreement/ contract have been meet with in full by the importer prior to their importation.
Vehicles, boats owned and registered by a company cannot be entered under the concession as the requirement to have personally owned the vehicle, boat or plane cannot be met, as a company is a separate entity.
Documentation will be evidence will need to be produced to support your claim of meeting this requirement. These documents may include:
- receipts showing purchase and delivery dates
- registration and insurance papers
- evidence when the vehicle, boat or plane was surrendered for shipping to New Zealand.
“What if I don’t qualify for concessions”
You will have to pay:
- GST on motorcycles, cars and planes
- GST and Customs duty of 5% on private boats (yachts and other vessels for pleasure or sport)
- GST and Customs duty of 5% on motor vehicles for transporting more than 10 people or more, including the driver (as per tariff description)
- GST and Customs duty of 10% on camper vans, ambulances and motor homes.
At CargoMaster we strive to deliver cost effective sea freight services to business, government and private individuals.
“SAVE MORE, SAVE TIME” with CargoMasters’ international self- pack shipping consolidation services to and from Tauranga!
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!