SEA FREIGHT TO CHRISTCHURCH
“SEA FREIGHT FROM AUSTRALIA TO CHRISTCHURCH”
“Guaranteed Australia’s best sea freight rates to Lyttelton”
“Shipping containers to Christchurch with security ,integrity and professionalism”
CALL CARGOMASTER: 1300 767 136 AUSTRALIA-WIDE
“Over 20 years experience shipping to Christchurch”
“Relocating to NZ, ask about Pack your own shipping containers to Christchurch“
Welcome to CargoMaster, Australia’s renowned sea freight specialists to Christchurch. Our high performance team of sea freight service experts offer many years’ experience shipping containers to Christchurch and surrounding centers. CargoMaster is one of Australia’s most trusted shipping companies from Australia to Christchurch.
Christchurch (Maori name: “Otautahi”) is the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand and recently became New Zealand’s second largest city overtaking Wellington. Christchurch is located in the Canterbury area of the south island, it is positioned on the east coast of New Zealand’s mainland. Christchurch (The City of Church’s) has a population of approx. 390,000 people. Christchurch has the picture perfect Avon river running through the city. The city is a sister city to the South Australian capital Adelaide. Christchurch became a city by royal charter in 1865. The city suffered a major earthquake at 12.51 p.m. on 22 February 2011, in which 185 people were killed and thousands of buildings across the city collapsed or suffered severe damage. By late 2013, 1,500 buildings in the city had been demolished, leading to an ongoing recovery and rebuilding projects. Sadly, The spectacular Christchurch cathedral was badly damaged in the earthquakes and was demolished after the earthquake of 2011. Christchurch hosts the university of Canterbury and is a “gateway city” to Antarctica. The main port servicing Christchurch and Canterbury is Lyttelton Port. Lyttelton port is New Zealand’s third largest port in terms of container movements. Christchurch international airport is the South Islands gateway airport.
SHIPPING TO LYTTELTON ,CALL CARGOMASTER 1300 767 136
SHIPPING TRANSIT TIMES FROM AUSTRALIA TO CHRISTCHURCH
- Sydney to Christchurch: 6-8 Days
- Melbourne to Christchurch: 6-7 Days
- Brisbane to Christchurch: 8-10 Days
- Fremantle (Perth) to Christchurch: 7-18 Days
- Adelaide to Christchurch: 6-8 Days
- Hobart/Launceston to Christchurch: 10-12 Days
- Townsville to Christchurch: 12-18 Days
- Darwin to Christchurch: 18-24 Days
Welcome to CargoMaster, Australia’s renowned sea freight specialists to New Zealand
Prohibited And Restricted Items:
Remember, you are moving to one of the cleanest, greenest, countries in the world, the NZ people are very much InTouch with the environment and protecting their country from unwanted pests and diseases. NZ border control is very strict and heavy fines (even imprisonment penalties) apply for non compliance, your goods could even be sent back to the origin port .Certain items are restricted or prohibited and cannot be imported into NZ.
Please be aware the below items are NOT PERMITTED into NZ:
- objectionable material contained on items like videotapes, films, records, CD-ROMs and in publications
- weapons like flick knives, butterfly knives, swordsticks, knuckle-dusters
- any weapon which is disguised as something else
- equipment for using cannabis or methamphetamine
- anything which you’re planning to use in a crime.
For the commodities below you should check to see if you will NEED A PERMIT:
- ivory in any form, including jewelry, and carvings
- tortoise or sea turtle shell jewelry, and ornaments
- meat or food derived from whales, dolphins, rare crane, and pheasants, or sea turtles
- medicines containing musk, or rhinoceros or tiger derivatives such as ground horn or bone
- carvings or other things made from whalebone or bone from other marine mammals
- cat skins
- trophies of sea turtles, all big cats, rare reptiles, cranes, pheasants, bears, antelope, and deer
- live species, including pet eagles, hawks, owls and parrots, many cacti, orchids, cycads, and cyclamens
- carnivorous plants.
You may not be able to bring some medicines into NZ, especially controlled drugs. This includes medicines containing pseudoephedrine. Remember heavy fines and possibility of imprisonment for non compliance
Prescription medication in most cases is acceptable, if you can present a valid doctors prescription .
If you’re returning to NZ or are immigrant to New Zealand after 21 months or more overseas, you may be entitled to concessions on vehicles and boats, motor cycles that either accompany you or are transported separately.
Bringing Motor Vehicles And Boats Into Christchurch
You may be able to claim “household items” concession if:
- you’re relocating to NZ, or moving back to the motherland after 21 months or more away, and
- you have been using the items for their intended purpose.
This means you won’t have to pay GST and duties on some items.
You can also claim concessions on:
- private vehicles, including:
- camper vans
- boats and
You can import more than one vehicle, boat duty-free, if you meet the Concessionary Requirements.
As a condition of the concession you will be required to sign an Undertaking that you will not sell or dispose of the vehicle, boat or plane within two years.
If you sell your vehicle, boat or plane within two years of bringing it into NZ duty-free, you must pay Customs duty and GST on a pro rata basis.
You will need to qualify for a concession, which means you will need to meet the requirement to have “personally owned” the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to your departure from Australia to New Zealand u will have to meet a requirement to have personally owned and used the vehicle, boat or plane for at least 1 year before your departure for New Zealand, or surrendering the vehicle for shipping.
The phrase personally owned means includes vehicles and boats leased by the importer, and vehicles, boats purchased under a hire purchase contract or agreement, provided that in both instances the terms of the lease or the hire purchase agreement/ contract have been meet with in full by the importer prior to their importation.
Vehicles, boats owned and registered by a company cannot be entered under the concession as the requirement to have personally owned the vehicle, boat or plane cannot be met, as a company is a separate entity.
Documentation will be evidence will need to be produced to support your claim of meeting this requirement. These documents may include:
- receipts showing purchase and delivery dates
- registration and insurance papers
- evidence when the vehicle, boat or plane was surrendered for shipping to New Zealand.
“What if I don’t qualify for concessions”
You will have to pay:
- GST on motorcycles, cars and planes
- GST and Customs duty of 5% on private boats (yachts and other vessels for pleasure or sport)
- GST and Customs duty of 5% on motor vehicles for transporting more than 10 people or more, including the driver (as per tariff description)
- GST and Customs duty of 10% on camper vans, ambulances and motor homes.
“SAVE MORE, SAVE TIME” with CargoMasters’ international self- pack shipping consolidation services to and from Lytellton!
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!
TEL: 1300 767 136