SEA FREIGHT TO MICRONESIA
“SEA FREIGHT FROM AUSTRALIA TO MICRONESIA”
“Guaranteed Australia’s best sea freight rates to Micronesia”
“Shipping containers to Yap, Pohnpei, Kosrae and Chuuk, vessels sail weekly”
CALL CARGOMASTER: 1300 767 136 AUSTRALIA-WIDE
“Over 20 years experience shipping to Micronesia”
“Moving to Micronesia, ask about Self- Pack your own shipping containers”
Welcome to CargoMaster, are you thinking of Shipping to Micronesia. Our high performance team of Micronesia Sea Freight service specialists offer many years’ experience shipping containers to Pohnpei, Chuuk, Yap and Kosrae and surrounding islands. CargoMaster is one of Australia’s most trusted shipping companies from Australia to The Federated States Of Micronesia.
ABOUT THE FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA:
The Federated States Of Micronesia also known as Micronesia is an Island nation located in The Western Pacific, Oceania region. The Nation is made up of four states, Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei and Kosrae. In total Micronesia has 607 islands, with a total land area of 702 square kilometres. The Islands lie northeast of PNG and south of Guam
The Island countries capital is Palikir, which is located on the island of Pohnpei. The largest city in Micronesia is Weno, with a population of approx. 14,000. We located on Chuuk atoll.
The Federated States Of Micronesia was originally administered by the United States. Independence was declared in 1986.
The main source of income for the people of Micronesia is fishing and farming. In terms of the countries income , mostly from The United States grants of aid.
The Federated States Of Micronesia has four international ports, one in each state, Pohnpei, Chuuk, Yao and Kosrae.
FSM operates 4 International Seaports one in each state Pohnpei, Chuuk, Yap and Kosrae. Pohnpei and Yap ports are administered by a Port Authority while in Chuuk and Yao the Ports are operated through the Department of Transport and Public works. All 4 Ports are in a protected Lagoon environment
Micronesia’s ports are general ports and almost exclusively all in bound and out bound freight is containerized. While this is the case no wharf unloading container facilities exist. All vessels visiting FSM port must have gantry cranes for loading and unloading.
All ports have Top Loaders or reach Stackers for moving and stacking containers once unloaded. Most equipment is in good to fair condition but at the time of assessment not all operational. Small numbers of key handling assets create a vulnerable point to reliable goods handling in the case of emergency.
SHIPPING TO MICRONESIA
CALL CARGOMASTER 1300 767 136
SHIPPING TIMES FROM AUSTRALIA TO MICRONESIA
- Sydney to Micronesia : 26-30 Days
- Melbourne to Micronesia: 28-32 Days
- Brisbane to Micronesia: 24-26 Days
- Fremantle (Perth) to Micronesia: 30-32 Days
- Adelaide to Micronesia: 32-34 Days
- Hobart/Launceston to Micronesia: 32-34 Days
- Townsville to Micronesia: 18-22 Days
- Darwin to Micronesia: 34 Days
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SHIPPING TO MICRONESIA
Prohibited And Restricted Items:
Remember, you are moving to one of the cleanest, greenest, Island Countries in the world, Micronesian people are very much InTouch with the environment and protecting their country from unwanted pests and diseases. Border control is very strict and heavy fines (even imprisonment penalties) apply for non compliance, your goods could even be sent back to the origin port .Certain items are restricted or prohibited and cannot be imported into MICRONESIA.
Please be aware the below items are NOT PERMITTED into MICRONESIA:
- objectionable material contained on items like videotapes, films, records, CD-ROMs and in publications
- weapons like flick knives, butterfly knives, swordsticks, knuckle-dusters
- any weapon which is disguised as something else
- equipment for using cannabis or methamphetamine
- anything which you’re planning to use in a crime.
For the commodities below you should check to see if you will NEED A PERMIT:
- ivory in any form, including jewelry, and carvings
- tortoise or sea turtle shell jewelry, and ornaments
- meat or food derived from whales, dolphins, rare crane, and pheasants, or sea turtles
- medicines containing musk, or rhinoceros or tiger derivatives such as ground horn or bone
- carvings or other things made from whalebone or bone from other marine mammals
- cat skins
- trophies of sea turtles, all big cats, rare reptiles, cranes, pheasants, bears, antelope, and deer
- live species, including pet eagles, hawks, owls and parrots, many cacti, orchids, cycads, and cyclamens
- carnivorous plants.
You may not be able to bring some medicines into MICRONESIA, especially controlled drugs. This includes medicines containing pseudoephedrine. Remember heavy fines and possibility of imprisonment for non compliance
Prescription medication in most cases is acceptable, if you can present a valid doctors prescription .
If you’re returning to MICRONESIA or are immigrant after 21 months or more overseas, you may be entitled to concessions on vehicles and boats, motor cycles that either accompany you or are transported separately.
Bringing Motor Vehicles And Boats Into MICRONESIA:
You may be able to claim “household items” concession if:
- you’re relocating , or moving back to the motherland after 21 months or more away, and
- you have been using the items for their intended purpose.
You can also claim concessions on:
- private vehicles, including:
- camper vans
- boats and
You can import no more than one vehicle, boat duty-free, if you meet the Concessionary Requirements.
As a condition of the concession you will be required to sign an Undertaking that you will not sell or dispose of the vehicle, boat or plane within two years.
If you sell your vehicle, boat or plane within two years of bringing it into duty-free, you must pay Customs duty on a pro rata basis.
You will need to qualify for a concession, which means you will need to meet the requirement to have “personally owned” the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to your departure from Australia u will have to meet a requirement to have personally owned and used the vehicle, boat or plane for at least 1 year before your departure , or surrendering the vehicle for shipping.
The phrase personally owned means includes vehicles and boats leased by the importer, and vehicles, boats purchased under a hire purchase contract or agreement, provided that in both instances the terms of the lease or the hire purchase agreement/ contract have been meet with in full by the importer prior to their importation.
Vehicles, boats owned and registered by a company cannot be entered under the concession as the requirement to have personally owned the vehicle, boat or plane cannot be met, as a company is a separate entity.
Documentation will be evidence will need to be produced to support your claim of meeting this requirement. These documents may include:
- receipts showing purchase and delivery dates
- registration and insurance papers
- evidence when the vehicle, boat or plane was surrendered for shipping .
“What if I don’t qualify for concessions”
You will have to pay Duty.
MORE ABOUT CONCESSIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!
TEL: 1300 767 136