SEA FREIGHT TO GUAM
“SEA FREIGHT FROM AUSTRALIA TO GUAM”
“Guaranteed Australia’s best sea freight rates to Guam”
“Shipping cars, trucks, machinery and building materials to Guam”
CALL CARGOMASTER: 1300 767 136 AUSTRALIA-WIDE
“Over 20 years experience shipping to Guam and surrounding Islands”
“Moving to Guam, ask about Self-Pack your own shipping containers to Guam“
Welcome to CargoMaster, are you thinking of Shipping to Guam. Our high performance team of Guam Sea Freight service specialists offer many years’ experience shipping containers to Guam and surrounding islands. CargoMaster is one of Australia’s most trusted shipping companies from Australia to Guam.
Guam, is a territory of the United States. Guam is located in the Micronesia sub region of the Pacific Ocean. The Island of Guam covers 550 square kilometres and is the largest island in the Micronesia region. Anyone born on Guam would be considered American citizens, Guam has two languages, English and Chamorro (the native language) The population of Guam is approx. 170,000. In 1941, just hours after the Japanese attached Pearl Harbour, Guam was captured by the Japanese and remain under the control, of the Japanese for two years. During the Japanese occupation the people of Guam were subjected to torture ,hard labour and execution. Guam’s architecture has Spanish heritage. Guam is world renowned for its magnificent tropical beaches.
Hagatna is the capital city of Guam. Dededo is the largest city in Guam with a population of approx. 45,000 residents.
Apra port is the main port for Guam, it is located on the western side of the island. Apra port is a deep-water port capable of handling large commercial container vessels.
The United States Naval Base Guam is a strategically located naval base situated on Apra Harbor and occupying the Orote Peninsula. Guam Naval base is home to the Commander Submarine Squadron 15, Coast Guard Sector Guam and Naval Special Warfare Unit One . It is the home base to the Pacific Command, Pacific Fleet, Seventh Fleet, and the 30th Naval Construction Regiment (NCR).
SHIPPING TO GUAM
CALL CARGOMASTER 1300 767 136
SHIPPING TIMES FROM AUSTRALIA TO GUAM
- Sydney to Guam: 8-12 Days
- Melbourne to Guam: 14-20 Days
- Brisbane to Guam: 12-23 Days
- Fremantle (Perth) to Guam: 18-32 Days
- Adelaide to Guam: 14-25 Days
- Hobart/Launceston to Guam: 16-22 Days
- Townsville to Guam: 14-22 Days
- Darwin to Guam: 34 Days
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SHIPPING TO GUAM
Prohibited And Restricted Items:
Remember, you are moving to one of the cleanest, greenest, Island Countries in the world, Tuvalu’s people are very much InTouch with the environment and protecting their country from unwanted pests and diseases. Border control is very strict and heavy fines (even imprisonment penalties) apply for non compliance, your goods could even be sent back to the origin port .Certain items are restricted or prohibited and cannot be imported into Guam
Please be aware the below items are NOT PERMITTED into Guam:
- objectionable material contained on items like videotapes, films, records, CD-ROMs and in publications
- weapons like flick knives, butterfly knives, swordsticks, knuckle-dusters
- any weapon which is disguised as something else
- equipment for using cannabis or methamphetamine
- anything which you’re planning to use in a crime.
For the commodities below you should check to see if you will NEED A PERMIT:
- ivory in any form, including jewelry, and carvings
- tortoise or sea turtle shell jewelry, and ornaments
- meat or food derived from whales, dolphins, rare crane, and pheasants, or sea turtles
- medicines containing musk, or rhinoceros or tiger derivatives such as ground horn or bone
- carvings or other things made from whalebone or bone from other marine mammals
- cat skins
- trophies of sea turtles, all big cats, rare reptiles, cranes, pheasants, bears, antelope, and deer
- live species, including pet eagles, hawks, owls and parrots, many cacti, orchids, cycads, and cyclamens
- carnivorous plants.
You may not be able to bring some medicines into Guam, especially controlled drugs. This includes medicines containing pseudoephedrine. Remember heavy fines and possibility of imprisonment for non compliance
Prescription medication in most cases is acceptable, if you can present a valid doctors prescription .
If you’re returning to Guam or are immigrant after 21 months or more overseas, you may be entitled to concessions on vehicles and boats, motor cycles that either accompany you or are transported separately.
Bringing Motor Vehicles And Boats Into Guam:
You may be able to claim “household items” concession if:
- you’re relocating , or moving back to the motherland after 21 months or more away, and
- you have been using the items for their intended purpose.
You can also claim concessions on:
- private vehicles, including:
- camper vans
- boats and
You can import no more than one vehicle, boat duty-free, if you meet the Concessionary Requirements.
As a condition of the concession you will be required to sign an Undertaking that you will not sell or dispose of the vehicle, boat or plane within two years.
If you sell your vehicle, boat or plane within two years of bringing it into duty-free, you must pay Customs duty on a pro rata basis.
You will need to qualify for a concession, which means you will need to meet the requirement to have “personally owned” the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to your departure from Australia u will have to meet a requirement to have personally owned and used the vehicle, boat or plane for at least 1 year before your departure , or surrendering the vehicle for shipping.
The phrase personally owned means includes vehicles and boats leased by the importer, and vehicles, boats purchased under a hire purchase contract or agreement, provided that in both instances the terms of the lease or the hire purchase agreement/ contract have been meet with in full by the importer prior to their importation.
Vehicles, boats owned and registered by a company cannot be entered under the concession as the requirement to have personally owned the vehicle, boat or plane cannot be met, as a company is a separate entity.
Documentation will be evidence will need to be produced to support your claim of meeting this requirement. These documents may include:
- receipts showing purchase and delivery dates
- registration and insurance papers
- evidence when the vehicle, boat or plane was surrendered for shipping .
“What if I don’t qualify for concessions”
You will have to pay Duty.
MORE ABOUT CONCESSIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
CONTACT OUR TEAM TODAY CARGOMASTER WILL SAVE YOU TOO!
TEL: 1300 767 136